February 20, 2011

Chocolate cupcakes with flaming strawberries

I was finally able to try out this recipe I saw on a blog named Sprinkle Bakes. I didn't quite follow the recipe to the book, but I did use the flaming strawberries :) which was the awesome part I wanted to try out. If you want the full recipe visit http://www.sprinklebakes.com/2011/01/chocolate-cupcakes-with-flaming.html and you will be able to find it.

I was supposed to make these for valentines day for my hubby but I never got around to make them then so I made them yesterday, they are still in the refrigerator because he was too full after dinner to eat one hahaha.








So here are the cupcakes before being lit up. Unfortunately alcohol evaporates so they don't stay lit forever :( but its all a bout the wow factor!!








And here we go!! They are lit! They looked sooooo freaking cool in the dark! It was supper awesome! I had a hard time photographing them because I had to leave the shutter open for about 15 seconds so that it would capture everything around and stuff, but I'm happy with the pictures I got :D








And there you have it! I hope you guys like it and try it out at home, it is definitely lots of fun!! And it will wow all of your guests if you use it for a couple's dinner or a birthday or any type of celebration where there will be guests!!!

Tip: bring the cupcakes to the table before you light them up. After every one is around the table then light them up quickly and then turn off the lights....you will hear Wows everywhere lol

Enjoy!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:N Battlebell Rd,Highlands,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment