January 30, 2011

Baby shower mini flower pots

So I've been working on making matching sets for parties and celebrations. For example, making invitations match with plates, napkins, decorations, candy, etc. Anyways, here is something I did for my friend's baby shower party a little while back. I bought small flower pots at hobby lobby and painted them to match the colors she was wanting to use (pink & brown). Her theme was a cowgirl theme so I bought this ribbon that looked like rope to go around the flower pot then some little pink bows to hide the patron where I connected them and also for decoration. I also got brown and pink m&m's (which are very expensive btw) to go inside the flower pots. Then to top it off I got some synthetic sunflowers to go inside the pots and glued the end of the stem to the bottom of the flower pot (of course this was done before putting the chololares inside). Anyways, here is the final product which I think it looks pretty freaking cute! The colors can be changed and the ribbon too of course, so it can kind of match whatever party it is you are doing. Little designs can be painted with stencils to make it look cleaner, but free hand is always fun too :) I hope you guys like the idea and any comments are appreciated!

1 comment: